Buying Train Tickets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it is a good solution, and unlikely to be apprehended, it is not allowed, and you can be fined.

Totally agree, though unless they move the barriers at Paddington, unlikely to get caught. And even if they did it's only a 10 minute journey there and back so worth paying half the fare.

Totally agree, though unless they move the barriers at Paddington, unlikely to get caught. And even if they did it's only a 10 minute journey there and back so worth paying half the fare.
Out of curiosity I had a look a peak return for me to Ealing Broadway is £55.80 takes an hour and I can get the the Tube from there (I think), which will take about 30 minutes to get to Covent Gardens I mostly go into London to go to the theatre, I will also need to pay £1.50 extra for a zone 1-3 travel card rather than just a zone 1. A peak return to Paddington takes about 45 minutes and costs £70.90, and it will take me another 18 minutes to get to Covent Garden’s so 12 minutes less.

So all in all it will take me an extra 30 minutes or so to go to the theatre via Ealing Broadway and save me £13.60.

Of course if I’m travelling off peak which I probably would be the fare to Paddington is £31.80 (£23 to Ealing) so the saving is only £7.30. Still worth considering.

Back