Carbon monoxide

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnie

Reaction score
I read a story in the Mail on Sunday about a 6 year old girl who died on a camping holiday. Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from a BBQ. Apparently there are around 25 deaths in the UK every year from carbon monoxide poisoning, many of which are caused from gas BBQs. I, like many others on the forum, use a gas burner and I got to thinking about how save they are. I use mine in a shed, and I'm now thinking about moving it outside. Anyone have any comments on what the risks are and how to reduce them? Maybe I'm just being paranoid!

Hi,

Get a carbon monoxide alarm- not expensive a bit like a smoke alarm. I wouldn't have thought there would be much risk from a gas burner, the combustion is fairly complete. Carbon monoxide is produced when combustion is incomplete.

RD

RokDok said:
Hi,

Get a carbon monoxide alarm- not expensive a bit like a smoke alarm. I wouldn't have thought there would be much risk from a gas burner, the combustion is fairly complete. Carbon monoxide is produced when combustion is incomplete.

RD

Thanks RD will look into purchasing an alarm. Why didn't I think of that?

I suffered long term exposure to low level CO about 20 years ago not very nice, venatation grill from boiler blocked.

Ventalation is the key and a clean burn, blue good orange bad.

mark1964 said:
just brew with shed door open should cure the problem

+ 1 for this . besides if you didn't you'd have a hell of a steam bank in the air , i too brew inside of shed but with door open too

Latest posts

Back