cheap cider kit recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boost

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post. I'm after a recommendation for a cheap cider kit, maybe even a pear cider.

This will be my first homebrew for about 10 years, and never done a cider one at all. Really looking forward to starting up again!

I recommend the magnum pear cider kit. ferment the juice that comes in the tin for 10 days then add the sachet of pear syrup and leave for another 4 or 5 days then bottle or keg. Ive brewed it by itself and it was awesome but I also brewed t and dry hopped it with 100g centennial after a week and it was superb.

Thanks. I'll check those out.

Abeyptfc - I've seen dry hopping mentioned a few times on here but I'm unsure what it actually entails? I've only ever brewed to instructions included with kits in the past.

boost said:
Thanks. I'll check those out.

Abeyptfc - I've seen dry hopping mentioned a few times on here but I'm unsure what it actually entails? I've only ever brewed to instructions included with kits in the past.

I followed the kit instructions as normal, let it ferment for a week then add hops in a sanitised muslin bag and leave it for a week.

Made the magnum pear cider kit a couple of weeks ago. Had a sample straight out of the fv and was impressed then. Been in bottles 5 days and was impatient so suck one in the fridge this morning. Just cracked it open. Flat as a fart unfortunately, but it's lovely! :) Would like at least a bit of fizz so I'll leave the others in the warm a bit longer but won't be gutted if it doesn't work out as it's so nice as it is.

Latest posts

Back