Cheap Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday 👍 was thinking of brewing smash's with them but not sure if they will all be suitable. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

AZACCA US 11% AA LEAF 100g
MINSTREL 5.6% AA LEAF 100g
LIBERTY 4% AA PELLETS 1OOg
TETTNANG 3.7% AA PELLETS 100g
CELEIA 3.4% AA PELLETS 100g
EL DORADO 13.6% AA PELLETS 100g
RAKAU NZ 10.7% AA PELLETS 100g
TROPICAL ENGLAND 6% AA PELLETS 25g
NEIPA MIX 11% AA PELLETS 25g

Ps. Can everyone recommend were the best grain deals are at the moment .cheers

Or £37-50 from were you got the hops from but £12-50 postage
Its the postage that's the kicker , anybody know of a supplier in the North East area? Have a local brewery down the road here might be worth asking them if i could purchase a sack or 2 of them 🤔 they could only say no

That is good to know about Spitting Feathers! I have not seen Seb (the proprietor) since he had to close the shop on Tonge Moor Rd a few years back.
Also will sort out my WHS account and see if there are any bargains left, though buying cheap hops and leaving them for another couple of years in the freezer seems to be a hobby of mine.

Shock horror, mine finally arrived yesterday.

IMG_7635.jpeg

That is good to know about Spitting Feathers! I have not seen Seb (the proprietor) since he had to close the shop on Tonge Moor Rd a few years back.
Also will sort out my WHS account and see if there are any bargains left, though buying cheap hops and leaving them for another couple of years in the freezer seems to be a hobby of mine.
Hop storage in freezer? Is that after the vacuum pack seal has been opened? If so - in a small tupawear box ok?

Hop storage in freezer? Is that after the vacuum pack seal has been opened? If so - in a small tupawear box ok?
Tupperware is a good idea, I think. I just use a clip from Lakeland, as the Mrs buys some every time we go up to the Lakes.

Mine now saying attempted delivery will try again next working day.
Exactly what happened the last two times.
Honestly, there’s an Evri employee somewhere in south Essex with a garage like f***ing Aladdin’s cave!
Had the same with my last delivery by Evri, out for delivery email received and then another a few hours later saying there might be a problem with my delivery and I need to wait 7 days and contact the seller.

It's not like a corny keg and a load of other stuff can fall down the back of the seat in the van!

Luckily it was from the Malt Miller and they have sent out a whole new delivery next day with a different courier.

I have mine!
IMG_20240330_091835.jpg

But unfortunately 4 of the 9 don't have a vacuum seal anymore. And one was spilling hops into the box.

IMG_20240330_091843.jpg

Tasted the spilt hops and it wasn't good so looks like I'm chucking almost half, anyone else's turn up like this or was I just unlucky?

Latest posts

Back