CML

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Unfortunately CML have stopped supplying All Grain Recipe Kits not sure if its a short or long term . This is a pity as they were very Good value, obviously taking the company down different route concentrating on Hops and Yeast .

I wonder whether that's anything to do with the cost of shipping. Hops/yeast are light and cheap to ship. I can imagine shipping 5kg of malt is a lot more expensive.
It's a shame. BrewUK folded earlier this year, meaning there are fewer places selling grain, so fewer options for us customers.

There are still a couple of places that ship all grain to your recipe that you enter but obviously you need to enter the recipe.

Unfortunately it is not a blip .I messaged CML , they are concentrating on Yeast and Hops ,they don't have the resources at the min to deal with Malt and Kits and it will probably stay that way in the future .
Oh dear. Thats a shame. Hope they leave their recipe sheets online.

I have just recently found a local whole foods shop that sells a variety of brewing kit and ingredients, including AG, in small quantities at least. It may be worth me going in there one day to see if they can order in specific ingredients for me, they seemed very helpful when I was in there last.

This really is a shame though.

I had started to buy my malt in bulk . So will still use CML for Hops and Yeast as their service is excellent as are the prices.
Think I may take a trip to Crafty Maltsters as their Pale Malt is still £27.50 for 25kg never used it so don't know what its like though but at that price worth a punt.

Is that the same though? A lot of suppliers have lager and pilsner malts listed.
I've always assumed they are the same (or at least I've never been able to notice any difference - but then I've never done a side-by-side comparison). They are definitely close enough for my needs, if not the same. It sounds like the difference may just be a different name depending on where it is grown, which would account for difference in price (transportation cost)

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/difference-between-lager-and-pilsner-malt.56289/

I had started to buy my malt in bulk . So will still use CML for Hops and Yeast as their service is excellent as are the prices.
Think I may take a trip to Crafty Maltsters as their Pale Malt is still £27.50 for 25kg never used it so don't know what its like though but at that price worth a punt.
From all accounts from people on here who have used it, it is very good

Latest posts

Back