co2 in barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No just prime with sugar and use the gas when it gets sluggish, usually about halfway down the barrel.
Keep the barrel somewhere warm, 21c for a couple of weeks, then store it as cool as you can until xmas

I was going to ask the same thing, as I have just got to half way on my first set and the beer is still pumping out at a hell of a rate giving a big foamy head. Doesn't the weight of the beer force t out at a rate, or does it significantly slow enough to make it obvious I need to add a C02 canister?

PS my Wherry best bitter is now clear and tasting better by the glass. I was saving some for our daughters christening but it might be all gone by then. :)

If it's still gushing out then it's still under C02 pressure. You will instinctively know when you need to give it a burst of gas as the flow will slow right down. Indeed if you run it low enough air will start glugging back in via the tap and you certainly don't want that!

Latest posts

Back