CO2 Super 20, Super 30

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owensdave41

Reaction score
So, after 15 years I've got back into this home brewing fun. Just kits at the moment. Into kegs.

The current COVID situation means I have no idea where I can get a CO2 refill for any of my 4 super 20/30 cylinders. I am Merseyside based. Does anybody know of any open shops (Merseyside) or any mail order providers? I have green Hambledon Bard and non-generic cylinders empty

Thanks.

S20's were discontinued ages ago. Hambleton Bard (Shysters) stopped doing S30's a year or so ago, and a company called Brewgas took up the production of them. There are plenty about, but because they're pressurised gas, no postal/courier company will carry them...

So, after 15 years I've got back into this home brewing fun. Just kits at the moment. Into kegs.

The current COVID situation means I have no idea where I can get a CO2 refill for any of my 4 super 20/30 cylinders. I am Merseyside based. Does anybody know of any open shops (Merseyside) or any mail order providers? I have green Hambledon Bard and non-generic cylinders empty

Thanks.

Not sure about your specific cylinders but I use progas based in Bootle. They charge 50 quid for a deposit on a 6kg bottle, then 10 quid for the gas. So first purchase is 60 then it's a tenner a pop, which I think bus great value. Free delivery in Liverpool too although I always tip the driver a couple of quid.

Could be worth explaining what bottles you have and they might do a deal to take them off your hands, if they are obsolete.

Not sure about your specific cylinders but I use progas based in Bootle. They charge 50 quid for a deposit on a 6kg bottle, then 10 quid for the gas. So first purchase is 60 then it's a tenner a pop, which I think bus great value. Free delivery in Liverpool too although I always tip the driver a couple of quid.

Could be worth explaining what bottles you have and they might do a deal to take them off your hands, if they are obsolete.
Thanks Fury Tea.

Your cylinder sounds a lot bigger than what I use and screw down and hand inject into the plastic kegs (King Kegs, Rotokeg). You show some (tasty) keg action in your footnote. How do you get the gas from your bigger cylinder into the screws on the plazzy kegs?

Thanks Fury Tea.

Your cylinder sounds a lot bigger than what I use and screw down and hand inject into the plastic kegs (King Kegs, Rotokeg). You show some (tasty) keg action in your footnote. How do you get the gas from your bigger cylinder into the screws on the plazzy kegs?

Ah you're using king kegs. Thought you meant Cornelius kegs, sorry.

Back