conditioning beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubthumper

Regular.
Reaction score
when I hear condition in a cask then bottle I wonder what everyone uses to do that
if I put it in a corney I will drink it and also the same if its in my boots pressure barrel but I am prepared to put the boots one to one side for ageing if I need to . I got some strong stuff (not sure if its a barley wine or not) that I think would benifit from a long age conditioning Like next year. have got it in 2 demijons under a table at the moment under air lock. any suggestion or should I just put it into bottles that get hidden away?

I prefer to bottle the stronger brew so it's easier to set aside. It's also very useful to get the yeast off for another brew even many months later.

Then again, brew never seems to last that long here :wha: Two in the house that like brew makes short work of it.

I put lower alc into pressure barrel and often put simple bitter into a poly box. Even been known to condition in a 5 gal poly bucket. :whistle: Have to drink quite fast though.

Latest posts

Back