cool box for mash tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a 2mm walled tube, a bit thinner than the stuff ive used. a good thick wall lets it bend without kinking and it wont collapse on itself with negative pressure..

once upon a time a member in here sold suitable 1/2" silicone tube..

there is silicone and silicone. i wouldnt use the stuff sold for automotive use for example..

some brewshops sell the stuff that is food and heat safe for our use
http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=352

im no expert but think that if looking outside homebrew suppliers if you source the platinum cured tube as used for milk transport in dairy use you wont go wrong.
thanks , ordered some. postage is a killer though :(

good call on the temperature guys, ive just searched loads of food safe tubes and im suprised to see a max operating temo of 65c on a lot of things,glad i put a pic up now, dont fancy a rubber taste in my brew ,:thumb:

good call on the temperature guys, ive just searched loads of food safe tubes and im suprised to see a max operating temo of 65c on a lot of things,glad i put a pic up now, dont fancy a rubber taste in my brew ,:thumb:
You're welcome! I used the outer s/s mesh from those tap connectors in my 1st MT filter. It can be a PITA to get off the rubber inner, and the grains would crush it too often, so I got a stuck mash :-(

You're welcome! I used the outer s/s mesh from those tap connectors in my 1st MT filter. It can be a PITA to get off the rubber inner, and the grains would crush it too often, so I got a stuck mash :-(

ive seen vids of people using them like that, but i thought they would block easily.

Back