Coopers IPA with added hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aw72

Reaction score
I started this yesterday.
Coopers 'Brew A' IPA kit 1.7kg
Brew enhancer 1 ( 60%dex, 40% Maltodex)
500g extra light DME
2 litres of Hop tea made of 15g fuggles pellets, 15g EKG pellets added to water just off the boil for 30 mins with an additional 15g fuggles added after 15 mins.
Filled to 20litres instead of 23litres.
Fermenter set at 20degc.

I'm thinking of adding 20g or so of cascade hop pellets as a dry hop for the last 4 days in fermenter.

It is my first attempt at adding hops. I like hoppy ales and read that the Coopers kit is better with added hops.

Would appreciate any opinions or advice.

Your Coopers kit will undoubtedly benefit from adding extra hops. I used to do that, including this particular kit.
However adding several different hops often masks the individual contribution from any single hop, especially if you haven't used a hop before since you can't establish what it brings.
So my suggestion to you is to leave it alone now and see how it turns out.
Finally this kit purports to be an American style IPA rather than an English IPA and in truth your Cascade would have been a better addition at the outset, whereas Fuggles and Goldings are better suited to English IPAs. However you could try another of these kits and add only Cascade to it and see how they compare.

Latest posts

Back