Hello from TheTeaman

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTeaman

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just dropped in to say hi!
Been brewing for a few years now, I have only ever used the premade kits with a few of my own additions.
As my user name suggests my job is selling loose leaf tea, therefore all of the beers that I make have tea added.
I try to complement the flavour of the beer, for example I have used a super malty Assam with a red IPA, the current keg has a kit called clusters last stand a citrusy IPA that I added a lemon fruit tea too, it’s come out really well.

I was actually looking for reviews on funky Bow Wow Wow and came across the forum.

I have brewed this one up today and added a different lemon tea with a few other tropical additions. I also added a phile of hop enhancer, and some fresh cascade hops were sprinkled over the top and mixed in.

I plan to dry hop in a few days with some Citra hop pellets.

Has anyone ever tried the Bow Wow Wow?

Cheers people
Ross

Welcome!

I look forward to hearing about your Lapsang Souchong smoke beer...
Now there’s a thought! Personally I’m not a fan of Lapsang S. reminds me too much of the bottom of my wood burner!! But a lightly smoked Keemun might just work with a stout, I’ve never made a stout but I might just try that. Thanks for the idea 👍

I had thought to have a go at a lightly smoked porter or similar but haven't a clue about quantity*, but now we have a tea expert on board athumb..

*I did once make an inedible stew by overdoing it

I tend to use 100g of tea and make a strong brew with 2 litres of water. Allow to infuse for 4-5 mins. This is for a 40pt brew. Then use the tea as part of the water quantity. If it was a lapsang I’d probably try 50g tbh as it can be an overpowering tea.

Back