coopers kit yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike77

Landlord.
Reaction score
I bought a coopers kit a while back but didn't use the yeast that came with it as I read somewhere that they don't use the same yeast in their kits as they do in their beer. I recently decided to do a full grain brew and realised that the only yeast I had around was the coopers and a muntons so went with the coopers. I just drank a bottle after only 10 days and I'm now almost convinced that it is the same yeast as in their bottled beer. My beer has the same fruity taste as you find in their coopers sparkling ale which is possibility my favourite beer. So does anyone know? Is the yeast in their kits the same as their bottled beer?

I know that their priming yeast is the same as their primary fermentation yeast, but Im unsure (I dont think so) if the kit yeast is the same as the commercial strain.

Here is some information which may help

Original Series:- Ac (26807)

International Series:-
Australian Pale Ale - Ac+L (26807 Int)
Mexican Cerveza - Ac+L (26807 Int)
European Lager - L (26807 P)
Canadian Blonde - Ac (26807)
English Bitter - Ac (26807)

Thomas Coopers Selection:-
Wheat - A (26807 W)
IPA - Ac (26807 IPA)
Irish Stout - A (26807 IS)
Pilsener - L (26807 P)
Australian Bitter - Ac+L (26807 PS)
Heritage Lager - Ac+L (26807 PS)
Sparkling Ale - Ac+L (26807 PS)
Traditional Draught - Ac+L (26807 PS)

Note:
Ac = Coopers ale yeast (our own strain, not the same as the yeast in our commercial ales, developed in-house and propagated under contract).

A = ale yeast and L = lager yeast (these strains are commercially available dry yeast and their details are held in confidence).

Latest posts

Back