Coopers Real Ale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mompessons

Reaction score
This is my first post to the forum. I keep reading posts, so thought I'd register.
I've brewed this kit. Started it on 22nd December 2014 and just started drinking it from the barrel.
Barred it on 8th January 2015. OG 1040, FG 1009 and primed the barrel with 80g dextrose and used 1kg of brew enhancer when starting it.

It's a very easy drinking ale, cleared quickly and enjoying a pint of it right now whilst writing this, my first post. I've brewed 25 kits now, so getting good at it and soon want to start experimenting with kits, but adding syrup etc.

Hi Guys,

This was my first ever homebrew kit, and I tried my first bottle of it last night. I brewed this very short only having 15lt of liquid in total, and I brewed as per instruction and I only used plain caster sugar. Took about 13 days for primary fermentation to finish, I then put some finings in and left it for another four days. I don't know if was the finings or not but it was crystal clear and only the last bottle out had any sediment in it . So popped a bottle last night ,nice little fizz on opening ( I primed bottles with around half a teaspoon of caster sugar), poured it out , quite a thin head but wow clear and beautiful caramel colour, smell was nice and the taste?....Well what can I say just lovely I wanted to have something to compare it to so I had a bottle of one of my fave ales Hobgoblin ready and I must say not much difference in taste , the Hobgoblin was fizzier and a bit lighter as I think mine came out pretty strong because of the short brewing, must say so chuffed with this. I must say I promised a lot of people a bottle if it turned out OK and I'm kind of wishing I didn't now !!

Brewing - Coopers Canadian Blonde
Drinking -Coopers Real Ale.

Latest posts

Back