Corks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypnoticmonkey

Landlord.
Reaction score
Where does everyone get their corks from?

I'm after for some good corks, as I've had some from HBSs in the past which haven't been great...

Luke

I get mine from that HBS in Gornal which we've spoken about before, excellent quality and 75p a dozen.

Wilko's have re-useable ones, not expensive. I haven't used mine yet so can't really comment.

My current batch of corks I'm not knocked out by though they're OK, so next time it'll be whoever has Larsen at a good price.

Moley said:
I get mine from that HBS in Gornal which we've spoken about before, excellent quality and 75p a dozen.

Really? I ordered some filters online from them and put some corks on the order to see what they were like and they were really uneven, with chunks missing! Should I email them to mention it? Hardly seems worth it for a few pence tbh...

That seems very strange, quality has always been consistently high and I've never had any with chunks missing. However, I haven't bought any for a few months as I tend to bulk buy and still have 2-3 bags in stock, so I suppose it's possible he's changed suppliers or got a different batch in - I will check next time I visit.

Latest posts

Back