Cornie prv leaking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleAle

Reaction score
Bought a cornie and filled it with 19l of Pale Ale however prv has hissing.

I replaced the prv rubber with a new rubber and it appeared to stop.

However over 24 hours it has gone from 13psi to <3psi this has happened for 3 days.

There is no obvious leak, is this normal or should it hold at 13psi?

Thanks Snail I thought that might be the reason but didn't want to ask :oops:

When will the beer absorb the optimum amount or will it keep on absorbing?

PaleAle said:
Thanks Snail I thought that might be the reason but didn't want to ask :oops:

When will the beer absorb the optimum amount or will it keep on absorbing?

Don't worry about asking questions that may seem silly. The general rule on here is the only silly question is the one you don't ask :D

How much CO2 your beer will absorb depends on temperature the colder the beer the more it will absorb. There are other factors but im not all that clued up on them :D . I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will drop by and give you a more detailed explanation.

i had a similar question when filling my first cornies, the gas seemed to go down, i pressured to around 13 psi aswell and it went away down, i didnt 'lube' up my seals so i think that may be the problem, when first kegging i gave it a whack at 20 psi to seal the lid, now when im going to serve and let the excess gas off it seems to lose all pressure and leak gas, as you can hear it hissing out when trying to serve around 5 psi. i just connect the gas up to it when serving, it still holds a bit of carbonation and pours with a nice head.

right I will lube up my seals next time :shock:

I will see in about 3 weeks time whether I get the same problem on pouring

Thought this cornie lark was going to be easy :hmm:

Latest posts

Back