Counterflow chiller quick disconnects - advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I had to do on my chiller.

6cAT2Hw.png
Nice. Is the red/blue tubing food grade (I assume offcuts from the cooling circuit)

Nice. Is the red/blue tubing food grade (I assume offcuts from the cooling circuit)
It's "food safe" silicone tubing from china. It's almost too soft. I might change those small pieces to use the original "cold water side" tubing which was stiffer.

If you go with the Cam locks just be sure you get one's that have the R clip to secure them. Not all cam locks are created equal as I found out when ordering from Malt Miller and the cam tends to loosen up and pop off when getting hot.

Angel Homebrew come with the clips.
View attachment 87232

Brewkegtap have holes for clips but no clips provided

View attachment 87233

Malt Miller and some others do not have any option for clips so I would avoid these

View attachment 87234
Just need to correct you there.
We do both types, ones with securing pins and ones without. The customer can then decide how much they want to pay and the specific product that is correct for the purpose.
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/pro...nt/equipment-dispense-camlock/?v=79cba1185463

Just need to correct you there.
We do both types, ones with securing pins and ones without. The customer can then decide how much they want to pay and the specific product that is correct for the purpose.
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/pro...nt/equipment-dispense-camlock/?v=79cba1185463
Thanks for the correction, I must have missed the one's with pins when I was ordering these and picked the one's without. I would edit my quoted post but that option seems to have gone now.
So, to anyone buying I recommend the one's with pins, I find the one's without fall off if pumping hot liquid.

When I had my 3 vessel system I never even knew what those pins were for, other than getting in the way :D. Luckily the silicon tube never cam off the barbs.

Back