crabbies ginger beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether crabbies is actually a beer with ginger added or ginger beer. The wife has requested I do some. I have seen a few posts for ginger beer and bottle bombs so not quite sure what would be best.
Any comment welcomed :wha:

As it goes I'm putting on an amended fiery ginger beer this weekend but using extra light DME instead of sugar to try to get some beeriness into it.

If you like gingery beer compass brewery's symposium is awesome, that's what I'm aiming at...

Easy Peasie said:
Does anyone know whether crabbies is actually a beer with ginger added or ginger beer.
Any comment welcomed :wha:

I got bought 3 bottles of Crabbies ginger beer recently and found it to be a bit of a disappointment. More a beer with a hint of ginger than the Ginger Beer I was hoping for !

:cheers:

HERE is one video where malt extract is used for ginger beer. He has also another video about his second try making ginger beer.

Bought a bottle of wychwoods ginger beard for the wife which is beer with added ginger. Will have a tasting session then move on from there. May be a mainly pale ale mash with stem ginger, root, grounds a allspice added to the boil. Will post recipe when decided :wha:

Latest posts

Back