Damaged CO2 regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackToBasics

Reaction score
Okay, just done a daft thing and knocked over my co2 bottle by moving the keg it was attached to. It landed on its side completely destroying the guage on the regulator that tells you how full the bottle is.

There was no sudden escaping of gas and I can't hear anything leaking out so I don't think I've lost/losing any gas but I'm not sure whether it's a good idea leaving it hooked up.
So, questions...

1. Assuming there's no gas escaping, I take it I'm okay to leave it connected? I was hoping to carbonate my kolsch over the next week while I'm away.

2. Any idea if I can get a replacent guage? I've found a few places selling the guage for keg side pressure but I'm struggling to find one for canister pressure. Possibly because I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Half the battle is finding the right search terms - if you can identify something similar then you 've got a fighting chance of locating one.
Does it look like one of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MRbrew-Pressure-Replacement-Homebrewing-Regulator/dp/B077M4VXCR
Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 10.54.32.png

Half the battle is finding the right search terms - if you can identify something similar then you 've got a fighting chance of locating one.
Does it look like one of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MRbrew-Pressure-Replacement-Homebrewing-Regulator/dp/B077M4VXCRView attachment 48083
Yeah, that's pretty much it other than the nice little pictures I've got on mine to give an idea of when to replace. Sadly out of stock though.

There are gauges on eBay that say they are for argon but I'm assuming a pressure gauge is a pressure gauge regardless of what gas it's measuring?

I have been using one with that gauge damaged for a while with no issues, that doesn't make it a good idea though.

Cheers for all the help guys. The regulator seems to be working okay without the high pressure gauge so I've got a bit of time to source a replacement.

I'll definitely look into ways to secure the canister. I think my heart stopped for a few seconds when it went over.

Back