De-Labelling bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soak them in water, scrape/peel the label off, then spray some label remover onto a kitchen towel and sit it on the glue for 30 seconds or so, this breaks down the glue to the point where it wipes off. i got a can of the stuff from Maplin for about a fiver, but any citric acid/limonene based solution should do the trick.

All good advice for the most dull of all brewing jobs.
I rinse mine straight after drinking now, fill with hot water and many labels slide off after 5 mins but otherwise agree the warm soak with oxi does the biz. An 81 bottle tree from your local or belgian web homebrewshop makes draining SO much easier and a few milk crates come in incredibly useful too.

I swear by oxi clean leave soaking in warm water for at the beginning and sometimes I just leave soaking for 24 hours it's amazing but there are some labels very stubborn to come off. Ie brewdog labels. I get loads of bottles free from my bottle banks in my area so I choose 500 ml bottles.

Latest posts

Back