DHL

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think they're all as good/bad as each other. Most use self employed 'man with a van' as contractors who don't really give a stuff and are probably paid by volume of parcels delivers so just want to dump parcels and go. I've usually found the option to specify where to leave the parcel if you're out to be pretty good across the board to be fair, but if I don't use that facility then usually they'll just leave the box on my doorstep. If it's a small parcel they might leave it in my recycling box. Sometimes I'll see a neighbour with a box thats been left on their doorstep and I'll take it and leave a note. Guess its the modern world we live in.

We had a delivery earlier in the week from APC this is the first time we have had a delivery by them they were 15 minutes early and the package didn't look like it had been kicked round the depot like some we have had from other couriers.

1697806902690.png

We bought an air conditioner in the summer last year. Tracking showed that it had reached APC's facility in Hereford and that was the last that was seen of it.

We bought an air conditioner in the summer last year. Tracking showed that it had reached APC's facility in Hereford and that was the last that was seen of it.
I guess all couriers will have delivery problems and unhappy customers from timer to time all i can say is i was impressed with my first delivery by APC.

Instead of the 1 hour times slots they're supposed to give, DHL gave me a 12 hour delivery slot on Wednesday and a 10 hour one today. Not ideal and think DPD are worth the extra from now on.

DHL again with the all day timeslots (didn't know it would them when I placed the order).

Every time I've queried it, they've replied after the delivery completely ignoring the question and just saying "I can see this was delivered".

Definitely on the shitlist.

My evri delivery safe place ,seems to be in full view on the doorstep.
I had that today from Amazon, they're usually very good, I don't have a bad word for them.

But, £80 worth of tech, my 12 year old's Xmas prezzies among it no less, left three inches away from a busy street in full view of passing (potential) ne'er do wells...not at all happy with this, bordering on downright indignant in fact.

Trouble is third party couriers are paid "per parcel" so some will "deliver" anywhere...I've known it to be the next street...in the bin.
A named first appointed service should deliver securely or not at all.

DHL round here are by far the best, Malt Miller charge extra evin if your order is over their minimum for free postage to opt for them.
Evri are shocking, Amazon are shocking, expensive items dumped in a wheelie bin!

Parcelfarce can be shocking, I ordered a grands worth of kit from Screwfix and had to return oart of it as it was damaged and apparently Screwfix regularly report them as they throw parcels around like football, 0 ***** given.

All that said, I expect they are all screwed over on what they are paid per parcel.

I ordered two separate items just before Christmas, one from eBay and one from Amazon, both were sent by Evri. I had tracking details for both up until 23rd December when both were, apparently, out for delivery. Needless to say, neither arrived, and still haven’t. One says my front door was inaccessible the other just says we failed to deliver 😡. I might be wrong, but I’m pretty convinced someone at Evri decided to help themselves to a load of parcels over Christmas. Very annoying to say the least. However, one of the items was some live food for my daughter’s lizard and I’d love to have seen the thieving b******* face when he opened up a box of adult Cockroaches 🤭

Last edited:
both were sent by Evri. I had tracking details for both up until 23rd December when both were, apparently, out for delivery. Needless to say, neither arrived, and still haven’t. One says my front door was inaccessible the other just says we failed to deliver

I think it's all down to the driver, the Evri driver here gets a lot of praise having never used them I cannot speak from experience.

i have had issues in varying degrees with all the couriers.. It think it alld depends on who the driver.
somedays they get it right other days not so much
I have notes on every courier re my delivery address with an instruction to leave in greenhouse.. every time i get an email saying we are delivering today I update the links reiterating leave it in greenhouse... nah, they all throw it at the front door and run..

i have had notifications of delivery from DHL saying handed to occupier when infact all offupante were on teh lash 120 miles away in Carlisle. It was hissing it down and were it not for a kind neighbour if have come home to 2 soggy piules of mush, assuming it hadnt been nicked in teh meantime.

classic was teh evri driver who during a recent gale deklivered the worlds smallest bog containing 30ml bottle of starbrite , dnt knock the door and before the end of teh path it had blown 4 doors up in a gale force gust..

We are now dependent on these clowns, we allowed our high streets to die and teh small indy retailers with them, in favour of convenience of internet shopping.. now they have us by the short and curlys they pretty much dont give a flying fork about customer service..

There is so much delivery shopping now (and this is a good thing as it gives us more time to do other things) it's inevitable that there will be some lazy drivers (particularly considering the post Brexit reduction in a productive and diligent labour force). Rather than get wound up or burn a huge amount of time, I just pay for everything on a credit card. As your contract is with the retailer, not the delivery company, claims for non delivery need to be pursued against the retailer and credit card companies will do this for you - it is very easy. Using this route on the very few occasions the parcel doesn't actually get there works much better for me than trying to avoid certain couriers etc etc

Another big gripe I have is the way many of them leave items on the doorstep. I have a specified “safe place” for my stuff but it seems a lot of delivery drivers can’t be bothered to do the extra 4-5 steps! I live on a main road and, aside from the fact that anyone can walk up and steal an item left in full view, my main concern is, despite doing all I can to try to prevent a potential burglar seeing my house as empty, there nothing that shouts “no one at home here” more than a bloody parcel left on the front doorstep.

I think it's all down to the driver, the Evri driver here gets a lot of praise having never used them I cannot speak from experience.
As you say, it's all dependent on the driver as they are freelance, you can get fantastic drivers with Evri or some who are careless. You tend to get the same driver for a year or two. If everything goes well they're spot on but if there's an issue the overarching company are bad at dealing with it. I think the drivers are over-worked too as they always seem incredibly rushed

Back