Drip tray on a curved fridge door?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have drilled the hole for my first Nukatap. Its gone bang in middle, and I will add taps either side as I expand. I have tap plugs to keep the bugs out, but also looking at a SS drip tray. However... they are straight, and the fridge door is slightly curved. This must be a common problem, and I'm wondering what others have done to overcome this? For fixings, I'm thinking about long bolts with nuts and washers on the inside of the door (just like a tap shank). This feels better to me than self tapping screws on the thin outer skin of the door. But how do I solve the curve, without resorting to multiple small trays under each tap?
Finally - what spacing do people tend to put between tap hole centres?

Put a little starsan in the tap plugs helps as well.
I have spaced my taps so that when I put a pint glass on it and the spout is in the glass not above it, it doesn't hit the next tap.
Krome make this in plastic

https://www.brewshop.co.nz/drip-tray-plastic-30cm.html
Magnets salvaged from hard drives are very effective at holding a drip tray on and no drilling that way.
3M tape a little risky it sags after a while.

I have seen stainless steel cups hanging down off each tap as a drip catcher, just push it to the side when you pour.

I dont think its *that* curved. I think I might have to just buy a straight one, then on the outer fixings where the door drops away, pad them with nylon washers. I would also then put nylon 'bumpers' on the back of the tray itself against the door.
Not sure I'd trust magnets...

I have a curved fridge door, the drip tray I have has enough flex in it to cope with the curve. Just held on with two self tappers and never had any concerns about it falling off:

img_20200503_162316-jpg.25394

For my drip tray I fitting 3 brackets on the door, then have used magnets on them and in the drip tray to secure it. The added benefit is it is very easy to remove to clean up any spillage.

My solution was to use one of the removable door shelves from inside the fridge and hook it on the outside, I used double-sided adhesive wall hooks. I did heat up the ends of the shelf at the back and force them into a bit of a curve. I got the hooks from AliExpress. I've been using it for a year and a half now. I did add some duct tape but I don't think it's necessary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305_182402_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305_182402_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220305_182149.jpg
    IMG_20220305_182149.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220305_182137.jpg
    IMG_20220305_182137.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220305_182051.jpg
    IMG_20220305_182051.jpg