EE - The new mobile network.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theboytony said:
Hahaha another idiot crawls out the woodwork.

Yep, and this idiot will be spending two months on a beach in the sun this winter with all the money i have saved whilst the gadget freaks fritter their cash on the next money making fad because the're so GULLIBLE. Probably when they get to iPhone 326 they will wake-up and realise its one BIG CON

I love it

And my Orange phone now says EE, reminds me of Mike and Berni Winters, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

"EE" Nearly as idiotic as "Orange" is

Who Cares?

Russ146 said:
theboytony said:

Yep, and this idiot will be spending two months on a beach in the sun this winter with all the money i have saved whilst the gadget freaks fritter their cash on the next money making fad because the're so GULLIBLE. Probably when they get to iPhone 326 they will wake-up and realise its one BIG CON

I love it

And my Orange phone now says EE, reminds me of Mike and Berni Winters, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Who Cares?

I'm not really following. Are you just ranting or have you misread what the thread is about?

ScottM said:
I'm not really following. Are you just ranting or have you misread what the thread is about?

I think most folk posting stopped caring about the OP long ago, it's now just a general rant about technology :)

FWIW I like technology, but having been bitten by 3 when they were new I don't do early adoption of mobile phone technology anymore, I only just got my first android 'smart' phone in the last few weeks.

One of the driving reasons for that was the thread around here somewhere about brewing software, a cloud and process timers built into the phone / software, which looks to be rather useful for a brewer working in a shed :D

I am sure during a short break in my tinnitus I heard the sound of rattling cages. When I started this change of direction it was meant to be a bit of FUN!

ScottM said:
Russ146 said:
theboytony said:

I love it

Who Cares?

:oops: Reminder to self:

DONT Post after drinking 5 pints of delicious Wherry (Hic)

If you've got nothing constructive to add to the thread don't add anything!
There are people of the old School that want phones as phones and nothing more. That's fine carry on, I can live with that without going into stupid posts about costs contracts and holidays.

I'm 150 miles away from home, I can still access this forum and all my moderator features. I can phone my wife but even better I can FaceTime my wife and actually see her and talk to her. All without the need for computer / laptops. Same when the wife works in Ireland, Milford haven, Norwich, Glasgow. It doesn't matter where we are we can see each other, share emails etc and life goes on.

Muddydisco said:
If you've got nothing constructive to add to the thread don't add anything!
There are people of the old School that want phones as phones and nothing more. That's fine carry on, I can live with that without going into stupid posts about costs contracts and holidays.

I'm 150 miles away from home, I can still access this forum and all my moderator features. I can phone my wife but even better I can FaceTime my wife and actually see her and talk to her. All without the need for computer / laptops. Same when the wife works in Ireland, Milford haven, Norwich, Glasgow. It doesn't matter where we are we can see each other, share emails etc and life goes on.

Yno, it still surprises me how much we take this stuff for granted now. I mean it's only the late 90s when mobiles actually became affordable for the average bod, now schoolkids of 5 have smart phones that allow Mum and Dad to track their position.

Putting things into a different perspective, when I was a kid Kirk flipping open his communicator and asking Scotty to beam him up was cool, and incredibly far fetched, definitely Sci Fi. Now, as said above, I can use a reasonably cheap bit of technology to speak to people on another continent and see them at the same time.

One thing is for sure, 4G is not the last of the 'upgrades' we'll get in our lifetimes :D

Exactly guys, it's different horses for different courses.

Of course a phone is never going to replace a good camera/camcorder, a good PC/Laptop or a good old face to face conversation with your friends/family. However, the technology certainly is at a level where the phone can act as a stopgap between having these items. I couldn't imagine having a phone without a camera on it now, as much as the images and video are of lesser quality than proper kit... it's getting consistently better as time goes on and there's nothing better than being able to take a snap/vid no matter where you are and what you are doing. I wouldn't fancy humphing around my camera or camcorder with me on a night out with friends, and yet I've never once gone out over the past 5 years and not came home with LOADS of snaps/vids on my phone.

My main use for my phone is actually the internet. For example I've used 1.8GB of data tonight :oops:

If it wasn't for the quality of modern phones and the current contracts available I just wouldn't be able to do that.

Right at this moment I'm sitting listening to a couple of Now albums that are on my PC at home via the AllShare feature of the new samsung phones. I can access all the media on my PC at home remotely, anywhere I get a signal or have a WIFI connection. For me that's invaluable, for others it's just meh.

Each to their own :)

Latest posts

Back