Electrical connector advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to rewire my boiler.
Rated at 2700w on uk mains 240v.

The connector chassis mount is going through 2mm stainless. So a drillable (round) hole is preferred.

The original in a 10 amp kettle plug.

Is an GX16 aviation plug suitable for 2700w AC 240v ?

I'd have thought that a Neutrik mains connector would do the job.

download.jpg
download-1.jpg

Last edited:
Am I making it hard?

I have a BM20 and it plugs in underneath (back of the controller). Which I forget. Which means I regularly have a pita job to plug it in after I have filled.

Hence I was thinking of wiring the kettle plug to a socket in one of the legs permanently ?

So am I making this hard?

Am I making it hard?

I have a BM20 and it plugs in underneath (back of the controller). Which I forget. Which means I regularly have a pita job to plug it in after I have filled.

Hence I was thinking of wiring the kettle plug to a socket in one of the legs permanently ?

So am I making this hard?
Why bother mounting it in the leg?
Just cut the kettle lead leaving a short tail beyond the back of the Braumeister and put a set of Neutrik power connectors inline.

They are twist lock so you simply disconnect the longer section of lead and leave the short section plugged in permanantly.

Yeeeeah, I get those. I liked also the aviation plug, because I have one already for the heat pad.

My unit is normally stored inverted.

You made me think of a dummy with a flag. "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT " type thing.

... Pity I have cut into the cable. Might run it inline and test. 🙄

Latest posts

Back