Electrim 33l Boiler.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one to use for BIAB but not yet used it. I went to a BIAB demo at Morley Home Brew which used the same boiler - worked really well.

now we can get our hands on the SS stockpots from germany direct again i think a 50l Stockpot at circa £50 delivered is worth looking at. Either stove/gasring powered, or fitted with electric elements, even with cost of a 20mm qmax punch added to create a valve hole you can build your own superior kettle for less. Smaller pots are available too but imho 50l would be best..

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20240

Email to [email protected]

33l is a workable volume for upto 20-22l brews imho, depending on the ferocity of the boil a comfortable 5-6cm pot above the at rest liquid level is advisable, and even then your going to have to watch out for the initial foam up with some boils.

consider your preboil volume and the effect of a slight oversparge.

Cheers lads really like the look of this. Only going to be doing 5 gallon brews I think. Not even thought about over sparge having only ever brewed kits! I would just like to keep things as simple as possible to begin with and thought that this could be the answer for relatively low cost. It will take me about 3 months to save for this so plenty of time for further researching! :)

Latest posts

Back