electronic cigarettes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me for going away from the topic a little but have you considered trying medication to help you quit? I smoked for 20 years and have 'given up' hundreds of times in that period. It was only when I decided to go to the doctor and get some medical assistance that it worked for me. She prescribed Champix, which bind with the same inhibitors in the brain which nicotine stimulate, effectively tricking your brain into permanently feeling freshly satisfied by a cigarette. You're meant to take them for 3 months but I stopped them after 5 weeks. That was 3 years ago and can honestly say the smell of a cigarette makes me ill now. If I was to rank it in order of difficulty I would say it makes quitting cigarettes about as difficult as giving up caffeine. No joke. There are some side effects to keep an eye on (namely depression) but they affect a small proportion of users. It's definitely worth thinking about.

I've been vaping for 4 years. Getting off the fags was the best thing I ever did. They can't ban it as there's too many people doing it. The British Meps are fighting Borgs proposals as omitted facts in his original statements. Several professors have stated that NRT is designed to fail. Get over to UkVapers.org if you're interested. Champix has been linked with suicides btw

subsub said:
Champix has been linked with suicides btw

I guess that would tie in with the potential for causing depression that narmour mentioned - presumably though there's no way of knowing whether those people would have committed suicide anyway :?

Exactly Eskimobob, but several governments and Big Pharma are very non committal when they have been challenged about it. No smoke without fire etc. :?

Latest posts

Back