Erdinger Weissbier 500Ml

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the Erdinger Dunkel last week and was impressed so was going to have another tonight but they had sold out so SWMBO got me a four pack of these instead, has anyone here tried it?

Tasting Notes

• Classic wheat beer blends gently spicy malt aromas with mildly bitter hops. Its secret lies in our unique Erdinger brewing yeasts. They provide the fruity notes and unmistakably fresh flavour. The finishing touch for every Erdinger Weissbier is a further specialty: the “Bayerische Edelreifung” or double maturity method. After the main fermentation process, we give our beer the time it needs to mature a second time in the bottle. And we are happy to give it this time. Because this allows its delicious lively nature and the harmonious interplay of its various aromas to fully unfold

ABV

5.3% vol

Product Description

• Wheat Beer
  • The original since 1886.
  • Erdinger Weissbier Classic wheat beer blends gently spicy malt aromas with mildly bitter hops. Its secret lies in our unique Erdinger brewing yeasts. They provide the fruity notes and unmistakably fresh flavour. The finishing touch for every Erdinger Weissbier is a further specialty: the “Bayerische Edelreifung” or double maturity method. After the main fermentation process, we give our beer the time it needs to mature a second time in the bottle. And we are happy to give it this time. Because this allows its delicious lively nature and the harmonious interplay of its various aromas to fully unfold.
  • Erdinger Weissbier with fine yeast, the crowning glory of traditional Bavarian brewing skills. With its elegant flavour, this wheat beer is like no other. Every sip leaves you wanting more.
  • With Fine Yeast
  • Bottle fermentation
  • Bavarian Double Maturity Method

View attachment 87341
absolutly. the labels soak off easily and the contents are great. don't forget to swirl the last 2 cms and pour into a glass.

It's also available in JDW if your stuck.

One of our first trips abroad with young kids was to centreparks. I remember fetching a beer from the bar (not recommend as it was table service) oops

and I past an inebriated german who commented.....

Erdinger, ist good , ja? - he wobbled and fell into the bushes. (we were in the aqua dome at the time)

I've been a fan of it ever since.

They did change the weiss beer to fransikaner for a few years but that is bland in comparison.

Paulanger weiss is a tidy drop

Noob question alert -

I have never tried a Weissbeer what is the difference between a Weissbeer and other beers.
It uses wheat as a major ingredient. about 50% I believe...

https://www.muntons.com/food_beverage/spraymalt-wheat/
28/05/2019 - wheat beer - 50th beer met orange
3 kg dwe
500g GS
MJ Bavarian yeast
100 saaz 2.2% alpha- 20 min boil in 4.5 litres of water
21.5 litres - 1059 -1017 pitched at 26
5.51%

it can be drinkable in around 2 weeks from brewing. easy as pie to make.

Latest posts

Back