Fermenting fruits with lager yeast ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hallow guys n girls.
i know there stuff on the net with Techbace (mexican pineapple drink) and of course kombucha.
and i know fermenting fruits withs it’s own bacteria will snack on the sugars.
i was a loss a few days ago after sorting Kombucha.
hmmm an old lager yeast in fridge!
1 & 1.5l flip top mason jars and fruits like mango, starwberrys , and of course the whole pineapple.
thinking share the yeast between them and hoy the fruits in n see how it goes.
now the other thing for experimental value, i got the small brewbuckets mini’s.
small batches of course 😂
think i done a fruit thingy years ago with champagne yeast.
thinking with the lager yeast bottom ferment and don’t need ferm fridge as temps are as low as 12c up to say 21.
ideal in the brewery atm temp 19c.
so without doing my usual novel has anyone yous lager yeast or fermented fruits using other types yeast.
chippy my old pal if i descide to do it what section it’ll go?
right off the check my cream tropical pineapple brew, pitch last nite.
bri

One issue with using beer yeast to ferment fruits is the lack of nutrients required for a healthy fermentation. In my experience, using beer yeast in cider, turbo cider and fruit wines without nutrient leads to very long fermentations. Not necessarily an issue as it's never created off flavours, but if you're impatient it might be good to add some nutrients.

Thanks so much pal.
yeah was thinking about this ''One issue with using beer yeast to ferment fruits is the lack of nutrients required for a healthy fermentation.''
I found with the lager yeast (even doing a Diacelyl rest) etc. too much bad taste. Only the Starwberry was have decent🤣
Doing it with beer yeast, alas i lost heart & binned it.
They say everyday is a learning day, & i devo try to experiment & with my damaged brain learn my limitations.
This thread is closed, least for me. Dont think i'll be back to try it.
Thanks again.
Bri

Back