Festival kit not bubbling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Reaction score
Afternoon all.
I made the Festival Landlord kit yesterday. I omitted the kirs yeast as my last 2 kits struggled with this.
I added 12gr of Youngs Multipurpose Dried Active yeast.
Water temperature was 24deg.

There's no brewing activity at all. No bubbling, just a little bit of positive pressure on the valve at the top.

Any ideas anybody?

Leave it another day.
If it's still not bubbling by then, it's probably still fermenting. This happens a fair bit.
Plastic fermenters aren't necessarily air tight. The tinyest gap in the lid, around the airlock can let gas escape and make it look like it's not fermenting.

If you're really paranoid, crack the lid on the fermenter after 48 hours. You'll very likely see a big fluffy krausen and realise you were worrying over nothing. Lots of threads like this on the forum.
RDWHAHB đź‘Ť

Exactly as above - I use a plastic FV and for my early brews the airlock would go crazy, the more recent ones nothing at all but all brews have come out fine. Don’t know why but assume small lack of integrity in the vessel, no negative effect though. Again as above can see the Krausen forming fine

I made a Festival Landlord kit a few months ago. My recommendation, having tasted it, would be to throw yours away now, and save a lot of work. I managed to drink about 40% of mine before deciding I really could'nt take any more.

Latest posts

Back