Festival Spiced Winter Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickb007

Reaction score
Started this Kit yesterday.
Now it says its a 40 pint kit should be around 6%

i made it up as stated SG was only 1048, in the instructions is says it should get down to 1016 not correct me if im wrong but how the hell is that going to achieve 6%, its got the correct amount of water as i measured it out in a jug.

im a little confused, i have emailed the company but had no reply as yet

Nick

Sounds like a typo and should be 1.006. Most of the Festival kits expect to go down to 1.008 or lower, and Razorback IPA (at a listed 5.7%) has a target of 1.005. I was tempted to get this kit, having done the rest of the range, but I already have a Christmas brew (Donner & Blitzed) and I'm hoping to start on BIAB in the New Year. Best of luck with it, and I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

hopefully thats it, i will keep you updated.

i too have my christmas brew conditioning but i went for Dasher the flasher
can never have too much beer:drink:

I started this kit last weekend but before starting noticed that the box said 40 pints and the instruction sheet said 18 litres. Wanting to make sure before starting i emailed Ritchies to point out the discrepancy. They replied that the box is wrong and that this is a 32 pint kit! So I brewed to 18 litres and sg was 1058.

What volume did you make it up to?

They seem to use generic boxes for their Limited Edition kits, with stickers put on to give the kit name, ABV etc. They are pre-printed as 40 pints kits, but the one I looked at at Morley HB the other day had a 32 pint sticker - I'm guessing some boxes got through without all the required stickers.

Had a reply from riches, and they apologised for the error on the box and they are sending me a replacement kit, I will keep this brew on and see what it turns out like, but I will make the replacement up to 32 pints :p

replacement kit turned up as promised, this time has a sticker saying 32 pints on the front, i think i will keg the first kit and get this one on as well

Latest posts

Back