First ever AG brew - advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread Hijack sorry, What was that members name that recommended putting things in the oven it was a young lad i think ?

Foil sounds good, easy to sanitise!

I have some sanitising tablets on my list for Wilko too. I always used to get the baby bottle ones, they were extremely cheap and recommended by a brewer I spoke to at the time. Worked well when i used them.

I will use the heat method too I think, can't be too careful! Is water from the kettle ok to use? or would the heat need maintaining for 15 mins?

Ideally you need to maintain the heat for 15 mins. You don't need to to use both heat and sanitsing tablets (make sure you rinse. Even no rinse milton tablets need rinsing. No rinse milton won't kill your sprog but it might ruin your beer). One other the other will do

Im a big fan of StarSan easy to use and no rinse, maybe not everyones choice but certainly cuts my brewday times down

I'll just use sanitising tablets, and heat for anything awkward, like the sieve!

I'll look at StarSan and maybe order some for the next batch.

Got my malt and hops on order, my Wilko shopping list in hand ready for my lunch break tomorow. Cant wait to get started.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll no doubt have more questions soon though!!

I'll keep you updated on the results.

Rinsing stuff after sanising is a MASSIVE ball ache, so if you plan on carring on with your new found hobby I can't recommend star san enough. You can even just put it in a spray bottle and spray stuff to sanitise it rather than having a big bucket of it to dip stuff in.

As clibit has said it last years. I've had my bottle for nearly three years and it's only half empty

Latest posts

Back