First time bottling tonight...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gethin79

Reaction score
Just a quick question...more just to check I'm on the right lines really...

I have 22.5 litres of lager (Coopers European) which I hope to bottle shortly. It's currently sitting in my fridge at 0C. I have used the priming calculator on brewers friend which suggests adding 128g of table sugar (I'm going to batch prime). As I've never done it before, does this quantity sound about right? Just want to avoid bottle bombs!

Because I have cold crashed it, I'm not exactly sure what temperature to enter in the "temperature" field on the calculator. I fermented at an average of 13C for 17days and cold crashed to 0-2C for a week. Was going to give it longer but need my brew fridge freed up now for next brew!! :cheers:

Thanks in advance!

Well didn't manage to bottle tonight. Took me ages to clean all of the bottles and mix up my Star San solution! But still, will make it easier tomorrow. SWMBO not keen on the full bottle tree in our small kitchen but it's only for one day! ;)

If anybody could get back to me with their opinions on whether my intended amount of priming sugar sounds about right that would be a big help. Just to give me a bit more confidence that I'm doing things right.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back