First time Corny keg user

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to gage it by how the keg looks. Two scoops is enough for a serving keg. I also use a keg as an FV so I would use three scoops for that. But repeat the process if I think it's necessary.

I don't have a grainfather but I do have a 35L digiboil. I use it on that and haven't had any issues. It will work on plastic FV's but don't use it on something like a fermzilla as boiled water will warp the mold.
Thanks for reply .
Can it not be used with cold or walm water .
Will use on kegs and grainfather with boiling water but also got the new keg king apollo whats same ish as the fermzilla so idealy use with cold water and let soak for 24hrs to clean .

I am not sure how effective it is with cold water. It might say on the tub, which is the best temp for results. I suppose it works at something like 40C in a washing machine. But that is a constant 40C for however long the cycle is. Contact Keg King and ask them what the max temp the Apollo will take. I suspect they will say 50C, as that is what they told me the Fermentasaurus could handle. But if I were you, I'd look into getting a keg washer as those plastic conical FV's are a bugger to clean. I tried cleaning mine with oxy and lukewarm water. Didn't really work. If I ever get another one, I will get a keg washer.

Back