First time with Kveik

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewed_Force

Reaction score
Decided to try the CML kveik yeast for the first time, in a brown ale. Inkbird set to 28C.
Not had any airlock activity after 2 days, but there is a distinct 'fermentation' aroma in the room.
A krausen is forming so I'm not alarmed, not sure how long before I should take a gravity reading.

I like your thinking. 28c. I tried it at l lower temperature and it wasn't for me, but I think on reflection that was my bad for running it too cool.

Keep us posted.

I use it on a regular basis and ferment a little higher. Its all over in 2/3 days but I still treat it to a few more days. Ideal for fruity hoppy beers as it can throw a fruity flavour from the yeast itself which will compliment IPa's and Pales

Seems to have finished fermenting, will bottle it tomorrow (only 1 week in total). If it's half decent it could be the way forward for my future bitters & dark ales.

Excellent news. Keep us posted.

I did a bit of work last month, to get ready for a hot summer, what with the night air pump and the fridge powered chiller coil. Both appear not to be needed so far this year 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back