First timer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O'Andy

Reaction score
Just purchased a kit, no clue how this will work out, I understand the need for sterile environment and clean kit, but bottles v kegs?? How else is one to dispense the beer? No bottles in a kit. Any recommendations. Thank you in advance.

Hello and welcome.
I think it is best to start on bottles, kegging is a lot less hassle in the long run but there is a lot to sort out and other equipment and expense, so I would suggest you leave that until you decide if homebrewing is for you.
When I started up I just bought supermarket beer and saved the bottles, bought some bottle tops and a bench capper.
There are a few things you will need, a bottling bucket (seperate to your fermenting vessel), a bottling wand and perhaps an autosiphon, and yes keeping everything sterile is of prime importance. Watching THIS video will give you an idea

A bottling bucket is a luxury.
You can add a level teaspoon of sugar to each bottle, and siphon directly into it (or you may have the luxury of a tap on your fermenting bucket).

Latest posts

Back