Fruit wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning to do a raspberry wheat beer and was in Asda looking at the frozen fruit. I noticed the blackberries beside the raspberries and thought why not do a half'n'half with both?
Has anyone done something similar? All the recipes I've seen are one or the other and don't want to time & effort into something that will come out awful.

Cheers
J

Hi

I'm planning to do a raspberry wheat beer and was in Asda looking at the frozen fruit. I noticed the blackberries beside the raspberries and thought why not do a half'n'half with both?
Has anyone done something similar? All the recipes I've seen are one or the other and don't want to time & effort into something that will come out awful.

Cheers
J
vimto-ish wheat beer? what's not to like?
😍

I've had great experience with those frozen raspberries from Lidl. Never mixed em though.

I wasn't sure about that one. I thought chucking 2.5kg would drop the temp a fair bit but sure, I'll be doing it near the end of fermentation anyway.
Went online to see what Lidl has and I think I'll be brave. If I'm mixing 2 berries what difference will doing it with 4 make? Good price too.
Screenshot_20230805-222607.png

I wasn't sure about that one. I thought chucking 2.5kg would drop the temp a fair bit but sure, I'll be doing it near the end of fermentation anyway.
Went online to see what Lidl has and I think I'll be brave. If I'm mixing 2 berries what difference will doing it with 4 make? Good price too.
View attachment 88623
Mixing berries might muddle the taste but it's a personal preference. I'm nearly always in the less is more camp

Back