Saison Type Fruit Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMP Brewery

Just realised I can put something here :)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off on hols the end of this week and when I get back I’m trying to think of a brew using stuff that I have, I’m thinking of trying a Saison/Wheat beer with some fruit we have in the freezer, which is mainly black currents, red currents, and a few raspberries and blackberries.

I’m thinking of going with blackcurrant and then some raspberry to offset the tartness.

I have some belle saison yeast.

For the Malt bill I’ll probably go something like 45% Vienna & 45% Wheat and then some oats.

Then for the hops definitely using some Saaz and have load of Pilgrim which I could use for bittering.

Any thoughts on this concoction or could I be wasting my time with this one.

Off on hols the end of this week and when I get back I’m trying to think of a brew using stuff that I have, I’m thinking of trying a Saison/Wheat beer with some fruit we have in the freezer, which is mainly black currents, red currents, and a few raspberries and blackberries.

I’m thinking of going with blackcurrant and then some raspberry to offset the tartness.

I have some belle saison yeast.

For the Malt bill I’ll probably go something like 45% Vienna & 45% Wheat and then some oats.

Then for the hops definitely using some Saaz and have load of Pilgrim which I could use for bittering.

Any thoughts on this concoction or could I be wasting my time with this one.
Nope. Sounds lovely. My saison recipe is 80/20 pilsner/Munich, Which will be pretty much the same as yours minus the oats. I find the "dark" berries (black, rasp and cherries) go really well. My preferred was the raspberry one.

I tried strawberries to - not so good.

That’s not helped as I have that in stock as well, could go either way now 😂

Excellent 👍
Well according to "people on the internet" (😆), Vienna malt can sometimes just be a 50:50 mix of pilsner and Munich (to make the manufacturing process easier). 🤷‍♂️

Back