Getting the Gas into the barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

better days

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a fridge that as been adapted to take a King Keg pressure barrel. The barrel is fitted with a S30 valve witch takes Hambleton Bard super 30 cylinder . Problem is I don't have enough space above the barrel to be able to screw the cylinder into the valve. If I need to inject more gas I have to take the barrel out of the fridge screw in the cylinder to inject gas then put the barrel back in the fridge. I don't like doing this in case it disturbs the sediment in the barrel and clouds the beer.I would like to make up a flexible pipe to connect from gas cylinder to the S30 valve on the barrel but I don't know what I need to do this. Has anyone done a similar thing and is it possible to do it. I don't want to buy a Corny Keg and New gas cylinders and all the nessecary pipes that are needed as I only brew for myself and use Kits, I just need to get the gas in when its needed
Any help or advise welcome.
Ron (better days)

Hi. Don't know if this will help but here goes :
Get another S30 cap fitting and connect your gas cylinder to this. Then run a hose (sorry you will have to work out the size regd) from this to the one on the cap on the barrel. hopefully the remote cap will open the valve on the gas cylinder allowing you to inject the co2.
Not tried this but homebrew is all about experimentation.

Good luck

If you can't find anything, you can always buy a spare cap with a pin valve that takes the 8g cartridges thus greatly reducing the space needed above the keg. Just a thought..
:cheers:
RR

Back