ginger beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill23

Reaction score
Im new to homebrewing and want to have a go at some ginger beer for xmas. ive got a few questions. Is it a safer bet for me to use a kit or is make from scratch ie fresh ginger? also how long does the whole process take, will it be ready for crimbo? many thanks!

The ginger beer that i and many here have made isn't the greatest drink you'll try and to be honest it takes an age to mature , mine still ain't total ready (nearly ) and it must be 3 or 4 months since i made it , but worth a try

I actually love the fiery ginger beer that you'll find the recipe for on here* :)

However, it does take time to mature, so get it made this weekend and not too much sugar as te more alchohol you have in it the longer it takes to get to be right.

On the other hand, you can make up a Coopers Ginger beer kit, add a kilo of sugar to it, and it'll be ready in a month no worries.

My first attempt, I did both, I'm now on my third fiery ginger beer brew (one drunk, one nearly ready, one just gone into the barrel) and the Cooper's kit hasn't really been touched, but that's my preference, I like hot spicy food and dislike sweet stuff.

*I think it's in the legends thread, BRB when I've checked.

Edit: yup, legends thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26895

thanks for your responses chaps, im going to get some of the fiery ginger beer brewed up this weekend and maybe some more beer as well :lol:

Latest posts

Back