Glasses , snobs or owt ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's one I haven't seen before but enjoyed reading through. Not sure I notice a difference in taste from different glasses but like to serve in an appropriate one just for a sense of occasion.
Same here, dunno how I missed it the first time. Good read.

I do have the spiegelau glass set, and I do think the tulip glass works better for hoppy ipa’s etc. Down side they’re not dishwasher safe, so I usually end up using a ghost ship glass which can go in the dishwasher. Lazy me :laugh8:

I do have the spiegelau glass set, and I do think the tulip glass works better for hoppy ipa’s etc. Down side they’re not dishwasher safe, so I usually end up using a ghost ship glass which can go in the dishwasher. Lazy me :laugh8:
I didn’t know this and have been bunging mine in the dishwasher to no ill-effect.

Me too, had them nearly a year now, didn't think they would last that long when I saw how thin they were. They are stronger than they look .

Me too, had them nearly a year now, didn't think they would last that long when I saw how thin they were. They are stronger than they look .
I’ve had mine 3 years (although we’ve only had a dishwasher 2 months). I’m on my 3rd IPA glass though, and still need to replace my wheat glass.

My wife bought me a Spiegelau craft beer tasting set for Christmas. Tried the first glass yesterday. Unfortunately, she thought they were in the box in the same order as the picture on the front, so I ended up using the IPA glass for my Belgian Wit (rather than the Amercian Wheat glass). Still, was nice, kept the fizz much longer, and seemed to have more flavour. I'm rather fond of my Belgian Wit anyway, doesn't seem to have lost any flavour, even though it's not as fresh any more. ;) So still a huge improvement over drinking it from a Shaker, an Imperial, a Nonic or a Krug for certain. athumb..

Sadly tonight I'm going to be drinking my Wit out of a Lexan nonic..... Going to a friends "party" and she's rubbish for glasses, we tend to have to take something with us. lol

As far as I'm aware they are dishwasher safe, unless other things fall over in said dishwasher or they get caught in the door seal which is how I lost both my barrel-aged tulips a few months ago. I use the stout glass for a lot of things since then, it's base is slightly broader than the IPA so it's easier to clean.

Love my Spiegelau glasses. Tulip is my go to glass - strangely it’s not part of the standard 3 glass set.

Best beer I ever had was a shipyard rye ale hungrily guzzled outdoors direct from the bottle after a 5hr slog in the scorching heat up a Snowdonia mountain range.

Context is important.

Yes, I might have considered Carling in that context (for all of 2 seconds).

I love the attitude towards glassware in Belgian pubs. Must be a right ball ache for the bar owners though.
When I recently went to brussels with a mate of mine (jack) went in a bar that had Jacks precious ipa, needles to say he had to try it, the beer came in a branded glass so he asked the bar man if he could buy it. He flat out refused so I had to nick it for him :thumba: The guy should have took the cash and pocketed it.
51GAo942HQL._SY355_.jpg
I'm now Gona have to get one of these.

As far as I'm aware they are dishwasher safe, unless other things fall over in said dishwasher or they get caught in the door seal which is how I lost both my barrel-aged tulips a few months ago. I use the stout glass for a lot of things since then, it's base is slightly broader than the IPA so it's easier to clean.

Trust me, the abuse things are subjected to in our dishwasher, they're NOT dishwasher safe.... ;) :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back