Good Afternoon - Flixon Breweries Here - Haylp!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flixonbrews

Reaction score
Greetings from Flixon Breweries!

I was wondering if someone could perhaps help us. We had a big brew day planned today, and whilst we've got a nice raspberry and lime turbo cider in the bucket, our Wilko's Mexican Cerveza has somehow stalled. We were looking at prime batching and bottling today, but all is not lost.

You see when we pitched the yeast, it was reading 26 degrees, and we think we've buggered it up a bit. Anyway, I think we're looking for a bit of reassurance. We've brewed it slightly short and added a little bit of extra sugar, nothing extreme.

Today, it was reading 21 degrees, and we've brought it indoors, taken the heater out of it, and whacked some Wilkos ale yeast in and we'll check it again next week. I'm not sure if we've done the right thing but on the plus side, the wine is great, and we've still got some excellent cider.

Any thoughts or suggestions from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings People and thank you for responding.

Russ has bobbed it out last night and I'm just reading from his text. Started at 1.042, it's now at 1.020.

We've just been having a chat after work on the phone, and we've remembered something. This has happened before with this EC-1118 yeast and last time we whizzed some yeast nutrients in and this whipped it up a storm.

This time, because we were doing it whilst we drank our stock of turbo cider, it made us a bit foggy during the brewing and bobbing process. We've gone and put another packet of Wilko's ale yeast in, where I probably should have just whizzed the yeast nutrients in.

Anyway, what Russ is going to do is go home and whizz some nutrients in.

As long as we can serve it over ice and lime and it doesn't give us an anal prolapse, we should all be OK. Oh yes, and as long as it doesn't come out tasting like it would be lovely splashed over fish and chips.

It also needs to get us really drunk, so we can fully communicate with nature.

Latest posts

Back