Good Kits pls

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Fox

Reaction score
Hi.

I've not made a homebrew kit for ages.

I would like recommendations for a good American style pale ale and a decent lager please and thank you.

Johnny.

If you want to build some stock up for Christmas or just generally and fairly cheap, then I can recommend both of these from The Range.
1586333805_2_5345.jpg

2.6kg lme, double dry hop & 10g yeast.... Goes off like a rocket, made last month and is very very nice.
1562080033_2339.jpg

2.2kg lme, single dry hop & 10g yeast.... I swapped out the yeast for notty on this and pimped it up with lactose, treacle, muscovado.
I'll be bottling this tomorrow with vanilla extract, can't wait to try it!!!

At £15 each for that amount of kit they're unbeatable for me, I read that MYO are connected to MJ, so the quality makes sense.

They also do a lager for the same money, but haven't tried that.👍

The coopers 86 day pilsner is cracking. I tried a bottle after 4 weeks conditioning, it tastes good. Another 4 and im sure it'll be amazing.
Better than coopers european lager, imo.

Mangrove Jacks and Festival make for very nice brews as long as you pay attention to fermentation temperature. Made the MJ Helles and Festival Weiss beer can recommend both. Going to try out the new Munton’s range that allows you to come up with open recipes.

https://homebrew.muntons.com/BuildYourBrew
Have a G30 but the time saving with these kits and quality obtained make them my preferred method for the moment.

Festival Razorback IPA was very good. Mangrove Jacks New Zealand Pale Ale was also very good. I have not made a lager yet, but I did do a Coopers Canadian Blonde which I made with light DME and some brewing sugar, also dry hopped with Mosaic and Citra hops. Turned out great. I’ll be doing it again.
Best kit I’ve done so far is a Citra IPA full extract kit from the Homebrew Company.

Mangrove jacks helles with their brew enhancer is really good. For pale ale I like a coopers Australian pale ale kit made with 1.2kg of pale liquid malt and dry hopped with 25g of citra pellets. Hope that helps mate 👍

Latest posts

Back