Grainfather GF30 cold crash using a hose?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravity

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to forums so big hello from Durham, UK! Looking forward to sharing info and getting tips. Started brewing Oct.2021 and not stopped, best hobby, cheers!

I am wondering if anyone can help me, tap water is pretty cold up here atm and I've just got myself a Grainfather GF30 fermenter, I'm not at standard to invest in a Glycol chiller, so I was wondering has anyone had any success connecting a garden hose to GF30 for cold crashing and if so could anyone please help with the connectors I'd need?

Thank you.

It will help for sure, but for cold crashing you want to be close to zero - I set my keezer to 0.5c and leave the bucket or keg there for a good two days. The bits drop right out. The hose will certainly help, but you want the leave the fermentation vessel nice and still for a period. I guess you could leave it outside now, that will be good and cold in the shade?

The connectors available on GF website, however they're pricey. Maybe try to google the thread type, and visit your local plumber's merchant, and figure out a solution.

Latest posts

Back