Greetings from a new member!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitter and Twisted

Reaction score
Hi fellow home brewers,

don't know why it has taken me so long to find this forum, but now that i am here, i find it's just what i have been looking for!
I have been a fan of real ales since being introduced to Wadworth 6X nearly 30 years ago, at the tender age of 16. It didn't take long to develop my interest into brewing my own beer, although it was mostly kit to start with. I always knew there must be a better way. Then i started to read Dave Line's books and i was hooked!
I have been mashing on and off now for about 25 years. My equipment is a Heath Robinson affair, consisting primarily of plastic buckets. My first big investment was a Ritchie Bruheat boiler, which still serves as my HLT now. My best piece of equipment is a burco boiler, which i picked up at a car boot sale about 10 years ago. It has served me faithfully ever since.
I brew all sorts of beer styles, but would really like to emulate some of the robust hoppy ales that seem to be popular right now. I only brew on average 6 to 8 times a year and all of my production ends up in bottles. I am about to invest in a King Keg, which is how i came across this forum, after googling for reviews about the barrel!
My aim is to eventually have an all stainless steel kit, one barrel length or there abouts. There seems to be plenty of available information here, which i look forward to reading.
I look forward to furthering my brewing education through your forum.

Regards

Bitter and Twisted :drink:

Back