Greetings HBF, from Wakefield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westonweiss

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Chris and I have just moved to Wakefield and started brewing my own beers and ales now that I have some space. I'm absolutely shocked by the wealth of knowledge and altruism available at The Home Brew Forum. Brewers are very friendly people! Keep up the good work!

I have to confess that I am an absolute novice when it comes to brewing and that I have only been brewing beers from kits for the past couple of months (5 months to be precise). I want to move to AG brewing and I have a particular weakness for Belgium Blondes....... I quite like the beer too.

Any words of wisdom, or advice or just general chit chat would be much appreciated, I dont know anyone in my new town and I dont get out much.

Happy Brewing :cheers:

Welcome. I'm not too far away in Doncaster.
Have you had a look for local home brew shops? Always useful to know about because, even if you order your stuff online, you may need a last minute panic buy ;) -been there before!

Remember, there's no silly questions

Thanks Calluma11 :thumb: Good advice. Yes my nearest is Morley Home Brew Centre, 2.8 miles from my house. I certainly cannot complain! #happyaccident :-D

Welcome to the forum.
I've frequented Morley home brew a few times now and they are fantastic. Keep a look out for their free brew day. They show you the biab method it's normally bi monthly and on the second Sunday of I remember right. Always worth giving Chris a call there to see if any dates penciled in.

Good advice! Thanks Drakey, I shall do that! I went in there on Saturday (but hadn't seen your post) so I didn't notice anything about a Brew Day

Latest posts

Back