Hard pink lemonade recipe - Help?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlindHarper

Reaction score
So I'm planning on putting on a gallon of hard lemonade sometime this week. I've found some recipes which look good which I will be working off.
However, I would quite like to try a hard PINK lemonade, as I absolutely love it in its non-alcoholic form. The recipe for the hard lemonade (No pink) is as such:

0.55L of lemon juice
360g white sugar
Half-teaspoon yeast nutrient
1/5th teaspoon yeast "energiser" (Is this necessary?)
Water until solution is up to a volume of 4.5L

Now, to pink-up this lemonade I'm thinking of just adding pure raspberry juice, but I have a few questions.

What volume of raspberry juice do you think would be adequate?
Should I be replacing water or lemon juice when adding raspberry juice? As in; if I add 250ml of raspberry, should I then be adding less water, or less lemon juice?
Would there be any benefit in adding the raspberry in secondary fermentation, or should I just do it all in primary?
With the addition of raspberry to the brew, is there anything else that needs to be added to ensure a good and thorough fermentation?

I am going to back-sweeten with erythritol and am going to bottle carbonate.

Thanks guys.

Or, beetroot juice?

with that much lemon it won’t taste like beetroot, but it will stain the hell out of the booze

replace water not lemon juice, lemon juice is your flavour!!!

Or, beetroot juice?

with that much lemon it won’t taste like beetroot, but it will stain the hell out of the booze

replace water not lemon juice, lemon juice is your flavour!!!

Thanks but no thanks; lemon and raspberry it is, and that's non-negotiable, haha!

And okay, thank you.

I'd do a litre or 2 of raspberry fruit juice. Check the ingredients that it has no preservatives and is just fruit (vit c or citric acid is ok). Sounds pretty nice though. Will you backsweenen it?

I'd do a litre or 2 of raspberry fruit juice. Check the ingredients that it has no preservatives and is just fruit (vit c or citric acid is ok). Sounds pretty nice though. Will you backsweenen it?

Yes, the plan is to back-sweeten with erythritol, however I've a dilemma now.
I'm thinking I want to perhaps back-sweeten with pure raspberry juice, to help really give it some stronger raspberry flavours and looks, however this would require me to kill off the yeast, making me unable to bottle carbonate the drink.
So, the question is, to carb or not to carb..?

Latest posts

Back