Harris Quickfine filters - where to get a replacement bag?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Clark

Reaction score
As the thread title says, where do you get a replacement bag for a Harris Quickfine. I've been give one, it is minus bag, but when the bag was with it there was a hole in the material so wasn't much good as a filter.

Harris Homebrew, 01384 253073

Even if you don't get on with that filter (and I never did but I still know one bloke who swears by them), don't ever throw away the bucket which fits onto a DJ, it's absolutely ideal when you're straining a must.

chaps can i ask what it looks like i might have a couple from abulk buy recently

sort of a short bowl shape cloth bag, with a rubber ring around the outside to give it shape?

have a used one quiet clean and a brand new one

ill get a picture later

If it's the one I'm thinking about there should be two 5 litre buckets, one lid and a thick cloth bag. You mix powders into your wine in the bucket without a hole in the bottom. The other bucket has a hole in the middle and a spout on the underside. That fits into the neck of and stands on top of a DJ, the cloth bag goes into that bucket, that has a rigid hoop which fits inside the rim of the bucket, your treated wine mixture goes into that bag, you put the lid on and it can take a very long time to filter one gallon.

is this the thing?

also got these if there of use to anyone says harris major on them, think i saw the rest go in the bin before i realised what they were

I'm not sure if those bags look big enough from the photos, I would guess the rigid hoop at the top should be somewhere around 8-9 inches in diameter, but I won't be able to measure the bucket until this evening.

Where are you Alan, does that look hopeful?

The bin is the best place for those other filter bodies, IMHO.

one is new one is used, im slowly getting through this stuff

if no use they will hit the bin in the next day or so

Thanks for the replies,

Moley, yes you are thinking of the right kit, 2 buckets (one with a hole in the middle) and some powders.

Titch, those bags look exactly like the one I remember but are they appear shallower than the one my sister's partner has (had).

Even if I don't manage to get hold of one I'll certainly be keeping the buckets, I normally wait for the wine to clear naturally
and then rack off into a clean demi. But as I've been given most of a filter kit I thought I might use it a couple of time and then go back to the normal method. There was also an old boots filter in the box, I think that might get a bit more use as you can still get the papers for those.

Thanks,

Alan

Just checked my receiving bucket, the hoop would be 200mm (8") in diameter and I seem to recall that the bag filled most of the bucket, which would also be around 190mm (7.5").

My bag was thrown away long ago, but I'm glad I kept that bottom bucket for straining musts.

I'll probably be going up to the Harris shop tomorrow lunchtime so I will ask about the bags.
Alan, if you send me a mobile number by PM I'll give you a call or send you a txt msg.

Latest posts

Back