Prince Harry and Meghan Markle documentary flop.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They wanted privacy then went on Opra and as it says below discussed all the best bits now the multi million documentary has flopped, i stopped subscribing months ago and wouldn't have watched if i still had it, i hope they now get the message and sod off for good.

Netflix has been advised to seek a refund on the streaming platform's mega-million investment in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after the first instalment of their documentary series appeared to flop,

Royal commentators and TV critics alike have said that Netflix should "definitely be asking for a refund" after critics labelled Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Netflix series dull and repetitive.

Royal commentator Neil Sean told his YouTube Channel 'Neil Sean’s Daily Headline news' that the couple appeared to have said "all the best bits" during the Oprah Winfrey interview.

He also suggested that Harry may have wanted to save some bombshell revelations for his forthcoming memoir, Spare, which will be released in January.

"All the best and most interesting bits went on the Oprah Winfrey Show, and let's not forget that Harry cannot reveal too much because he has a book to sell.

"So there has got to be some bombshells in the book - and not in the TV series."

The royal commentator thought that the Royal Family would "not even break a sweat" over the series.

He added: "A reality show is usually about jeopardy and drama. Where was the drama?"

On the leading film review website Rotten Tomatoes, the ratings were overwhelmingly negative, scoring just 40 percent approval from critics and 16 percent from audience members.

Carol Midgley, from The Times, echoed Mr Sean's point, writing: "If I were Netflix, I'd want my money back.

"Because there was nothing 'bombshell' or even very new here.

"It was beautifully shot but it was repetitive, whingy and boring."

BBC's culture editor Katie Razzall similarly commented: "If you watched the trailers and thought Harry & Meghan, Netflix's heavily-promoted new series, was going to be explosive, prepare to be disappointed.

"To put it kindly, this is slow-burn television.

"Netflix has billed Harry & Meghan as an 'unprecedented and in-depth documentary series'.

"But the programme, unsurprisingly, was heavily one-sided and selective."

The show is co-produced by the couple and is billed as telling the truth of being part of the Royal Family.

However, it left many viewers unimpressed, with France's Le Figaro labelling the show “hollow” and "meaningless".

The French newspaper wrote: “We expected startling revelations. It is not so. After watching the first episode, we remain perplexed.

“Meghan and Harry complain that their story is slipping away from them, that the media is scrutinising their every move.

"But on the other hand, they are just fuelling the media hype."

Nick Bullen, editor-in-chief of True Royalty TV, said the first three episodes were the most "self-serving piece of television" he had seen in a while.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ocumentary-series-reaction-refund-latest-news

Last edited:
pdina
@pdina13
16h
The actual moment Prince Harry realizes that he made a mistake marrying a woman who didn't respect the culture of his country.

1670785784358.png

I don't understand the obsession with the royals. They should be retired into history, perfect opportunity after the queen passing away
Lined up against the nearest decent wall (as yet unadorned by Banksie) and summarily got rid of would be my favoured solution. Not that that's likely to happen in a land where people read the Express! Harry's alright. So he married an actress and got sucked into the "performance" thing. That's Nitflops' fault. The whole lot of them fill me with utter disgust.

Last edited:
Lined up against the nearest decent wall (as yet unadorned by Banksie) and summarily got rid of would be my favoured solution. Not that that's likely to happen in a land where people read the Express! Harry's alright. So he married an actress and got sucked into the "performance" thing. That's Nitflops' fault. The whole lot of them fill me with utter disgust.

I thought you'd have preferred Robespierre's methods!

Problem with it is that I think the majority of people in this country really don't give a sh*t about them let alone feel the need to watch some documentary about their oh so difficult but privileged lives when the rest of us are struggling to pay the gas bill. 😁

Netflix got the series for political reasons rather than to make money. They did a lot of political programming but they are now dialing it back as people canceled their subs. Streaming has also become a lot more competitive.

But it's the truth.

"Racism" was invented as a rhetorical trick to shut down discussion. So, something can be true but also "racism". For example, the latest FBI crime stats in USA show that 13% of the population does 60% of the murders. You can be called for "racist" for bringing it up.

Drawing your conclusion from one statistic you see what you want to see.
How about looking at economic and social deprivation, also the ethnicity of the victims ?
Crime in general is concentrated in poor urban areas. The fact is black men are also far more likely to be victims, as seen often at the hands of institutionally racist police.

Also dismissing racism as a 'rhetorical trick' - are you completely ignorant of American history ?

Back