Hello all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StubbsPKS

Regular.
Reaction score
So, I'm new to brewing and new to the forum.

I've done two kits so far with pretty unfavorable results :oops:

Hoping to get the hang of it though as I'm really enjoying the process of brewing so far!

As you could probably tell from my spelling of "unfavorable" I'm originally from the US, but I've been in Edinburgh for the past 3 years studying at University.

I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to this forum :cheers:

The first kit was Coopers Mexican Lager - No carbonation. I used regular sugar instead of brewing sugar just before putting it into the pressure barrel :oops: It didn't taste too bad, just wasn't carbed.

The current kit is Munton's Wheat Beer. This one is carbed (or so it seems), but it just doesn't taste all that great. It's rather... bland. I think I just haven't given it enough time in the barrel (only been in there since the 8th, lol).

The type of sugar used for priming shouldn't have made a fat lot of difference, I suspect your barrel wasn't sealed very well or you didn't vaseline the o-ring.

Give your Munton's a chance, a bit more time should make quite a difference.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Nice to meet you stubbs .. you'll soon iron out any problems in here!
:cheers:

Thanks guys!

I think one of the issues might be the seal on the barrel. I wasn't aware that I was meant to put vaseline on it! :oops:

Gonna do that as soon as I can get some.

I'm guessing that could also be why the wheat tastes different now that it's in the barrel? The air getting to it?

Latest posts

Back