Hello! And quick query about inkbird with fridge/freezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webbber

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for to chatting about all things home brew.
A question to start - I have acquired a fridge freezer and have bought an inkbird controller to use it to ferment brews (mainly to try brewing lager).
It should be easy enough to do this with the inkbird, but one question - should I use the fridge or freezer compartment?
It's a basic model so I think cools the freezer (ie it doesn't cool the compartments with different compressors or anything like that).
I'd rather use the freezer compartment as it's at the bottom and also it seems more efficient to use it to cool.
Does anyone have an opinion or experience?
Thanks a lot
Leigh

Ive got a fridge. I think the cooling on the freezer could be too aggressive.

As we head into winter most of the time you might be using the heater to heat rather than the cooler bit to cool.

Have you bought your tube heater yet?

buddsy

Thanks Buddsy, appreciate the reply. No, I haven't bought a tube heater. I have a brew belt which a relative gave me, and I'm going to give that a go.

That would work fine Im sure.

I would have the belt low down and put the thermocouple higher towards the top of your wort.

I use some of those cotton wool pads to insulate it from the chamber and use electrical tape to hold it onto the fermentor to try to keep the temp of the wort where you want it.

buddsy

Back