Hello from Airdrie!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16611

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If you aren't sure where Airdrie is, it's about 10 miles east of Glasgow.

I begun home-brewing about a month or so ago, and have been led to this forum several times through Google searches, so thought would be a good idea to sign up!

I've been wanting to make my own beer for a while now, so when I received an Amazon gift-card for my birthday this year I bought a basic starter kit - Young's Brew Buddy Lager. The results have been inconsistent but drinkable! Mostly, some of the bottles are a bit flat - which I reckon is a result of trying to measure priming sugar in to a bottle using a tea-spoon and no funnel!

My second batch (Wilko Cerveza) is about ready for bottling. Unlike the first batch where I followed the manufacturers instructions to the letter, I've tweaked this one a little though - using spray malt and honey for fermenting rather than just sugar as well as letting it ferment for two weeks instead of the one stated on the instructions.

Ultimately, I want to work towards developing my own recipes. I have plenty of ideas already, I just want to make sure I've got the basics in order first!

Welcome,

Newbie myself here. Already learning lots, still on kits and I'm fine with that for now. Enjoy.

Back